Flexible, practical and industry-focused training. Begin your career in aged care or disability with blended learning or as a trainee. The Qualify Certificate III in Individual Support is designed to equip you with the practical skills and knowledge needed to succeed in either the aged care or disability sectors. You can choose to specialise in either sector or do our course that covers both sectors. Delivered in a blended format, our trainer and student support teams are dedicated to enhancing your learning experience and helping you achieve your course goals.
Employers: Grow your business – Train, support and retain your staff.
There are a range of financial incentives and benefits available to businesses that offer work-based training opportunities.
Employees: Earn while you learn – Set yourself up for the career you want.
Traineeships are a great pathway to expand your skills. They allow you to combine work and study whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification and earning a wage.
Qualify offers this course as a traineeship to students moving into a retail role or those currently working in a retail environment wanting to obtain a formal qualification.
To be eligible to enrol as a trainee you must:
- Be employed in a retail environment
- Have a signed traineeship contract
Traineeship funding is available under the Australian Apprenticeship System. Click here to learn more.
When studying with Qualify, you will have the opportunity to undertake tasks and/or assessments related to a workplace environment.
With blended learning, we want you to develop "work-ready" skills that complement the theory components of your course.
Our simulated workplace allows you to undertake practical assessments that help you put your skills into practice. The simulated workplace can be accessed through our website in the Current Students Learning Hub.
This course requires 120 hours of practical work placement in an aged care or disability facility or both. This allows you to develop real-world skills needed to work in the industry and supports continued learning and assessment in the workplace.
Prior to work placement, you will need to obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check, depending on the work placement.
To undertake this course, you will need:
- Regular access to a computer or tablet
- An email address and regular access to a reliable internet connection
- Basic to intermediate computer skills
- To meet language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) requirements and pass a short LLN test
- The ability and willingness to study online lesson material and complete online assessment activities
- Undertake some assessment activities in the workplace or simulated work environment or complete a practical work placement
- PDF reader software (e.g., Adobe Acrobat)
- Video conferencing software (e.g., MS Teams)
- The ability to communicate in English
- The ability to understand and follow detailed instructions given verbally or written in English
It is a government requirement that participants undertaking Nationally Recognised Training in Australia have a unique student identifier (USI). To begin this course, participants will need a USI. For more information on USIs, go to: www.usi.gov.au