In our Employment Basics module, students will get an introduction to employment that includes workplace expectations and effectively working with a team. They will gain skills to function in a working society.
Module 1: Workplace expectations
The Workplace Expectations module is designed to give you a brief overview of the important aspects of employment. In this course you will learn about workplace expectations, policies and procedures and the National Employment Standards This course will give you generic knowledge that you can apply to any workplace. All workplaces, regardless of what they do or produce, will have certain expectations. These will be documented in policies and procedures. Module 2: Communication in the workplace
The Communication in the Workplace module explains how working in a team and being able to communicate with fellow team members is of vital importance to any workplace. This course will give you the skills and knowledge needed to ensure you are successful in teamwork and communication.
Qualify’s Employment Progress Activities are designed to support jobseekers in progressing towards employment by addressing vocational and non-vocational barriers.
Our immersive employment activities support jobseeker engagement and skills development using interactive technology through the Qualify eLearning platform.
To undertake this activity you will need:
- Access to a computer or tablet
- An email address and regular access to a reliable internet connection
- Basic computer skills
- The ability and willingness to study online lesson material and complete online activities
- PDF reader software (e.g., Adobe Acrobat)
- The ability to communicate in English
- The ability to understand and follow detailed instructions given verbally or written in English